The Society started its educational activities in early 1920s with just one school. Presently there are 16 schools run by the Society and it stands out as one of the big educational institutions of the entire Ramakrishna Mission.

Students studying in our institutions come from poor and middle class families. They are taught to imbibe the spirit of love and sacrifice for their fellow men as propagated by Swami Vivekananda. Books on the life & teachings of Sri Ramakrishna Deva, Holy Mother Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda are taught in all classes. Efforts are made through these institutions to inculcate moral values, broad and catholic outlook, and devotion to higher values of life. Stress is laid on creating a spirit of self-help and sense of dignity of labour through a planned system of extra-curricular activities, such as Music, Dance, Drama and Computer Education.

The schools are making steady progress and attaining popularity due to sustained efforts of the teaching staff and the honorary workers. The Hindi schools are as follows:

Medium Schools
Medium Schools

High Schools

Sri Ramkrishna High School, Bistupur

This school was started in 1949 and was recognized as a High School in 1953 by the Board of Secondary Education, Bihar.  Presently, it is affiliated to Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC). This school admits only Boys.

Ramakrishna Mission Lady Indra Singh High School, Indranagar

This bilingual school for boys and girls has Hindi and Bengali as medium of instruction; it was started in 1958.  Boys and Girls are taught here in different shifts. Presently, it is affiliated to Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC).

Vivekananda High School, Chenab Road

This school was started in 1945 and was recognized in 1948 as a High School by the Board of Secondary Education, Bihar.  Presently, it is affiliated to Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC). Only Boys are admitted to this school.

Saradamoni Girls’ High School, Sakchi

This school, exclusively for girls, was started in 1951 and was recognized by the Board of Secondary Education, Bihar, in 1954. Presently, it is affiliated to Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC).

Sister Nivedita Girls’ High School, Burmamines

This is a High School for girls. It was started in 1951 and was recognized by the Board of Secondary Education, Bihar, in the same year.  Presently, it is affiliated to Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC). The school has a beautiful science laboratory building equipped with necessary instruments, biological samples and specimens.

Middle and Upper Primary Schools

Ramakrishna Mission Lady Indra Singh Middle School, Indranagar

This is a bilingual school with Hindi and Bengali medium classes for boys and girls in separate shifts.  It was started in 1957.  Presently, it is affiliated to Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC).

 Vivekananda Middle School, Sidhgora

To fulfill the educational needs of the population of the Agrico and Sidhgora areas this school was started with both Hindi and Bengali sections in 1951 as an Upper Primary School and was upgraded to the status of a Middle School in 1952.  The Department of Education, Bihar, in the same year recognized it. Presently, it is affiliated to Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC).  Both boys and girls are studying in the school.

Vivekananda Middle School, Bistupur

A free night school for the Harijans started in 1921, was gradually developed into a Middle School in 1947 and was recognized in that year by the Department of Education, Bihar.  Presently, it is affiliated to Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC). Both boys and girls study in this school.

Vivekananda Middle School, Chenab Road, Sakchi

Vivekananda Middle school, Chenab Road, Sakchi was started as a Primary School in 1936.  It was upgraded to Middle School and was recognized by the Department of Education, Bihar in 1944.  Presently, it is affiliated to Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC). Both boys and girls are study in the school.

Vivekananda Upper Primary  School, Bhuiyadih

This school with both Bengali and Hindi sections, for boys and girls, was started in 1922 as a lower Primary School for harijan students. The school was upgraded to Upper Primary School and was recognized by the Education Department, Bihar in 1951. Presently, it is affiliated to Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC).

NFS and NIOS